Powerful Tools And Resources
Whether we're talking about blogging software, security tools, or microphones, I've put forth a ton of time and effort testing, tweaking, and experimenting with lots of cool software, tools, resources, guides, training sources, and other hidden gems.
As a curmudgeonly tech nerd I'm truly a "snob" when it comes to software and tools. I have a zero tolerance for stuff that doesn't work, or wastes time.
For those reasons, you might totally love this special resources page.
Because I've wasted precious time with so much stuff that doesn't work as advertised, to the point where I have now exerted much energy researching, and testing things in order to determine what is actually worth using.
I also personally believe, that the less time you spend frustrated trying to get something bad to work, the better.
Because Life's Too Short To Mess Around With Stuff That Doesn't Work.
Stuff that's too complicated.
And worst of all, stuff that ends up wasting your preciously invaluable time.
That's why I'm so passionate about the following resources listed herein.
Because I know how frustrating it can be when you try to use something, and then you later find out that it's a piece of junk.
So, after devoting much of my life testing different tools and resources, this following collection, includes some of the very best stuff that I've yet to encounter. Not just marketing software, IT and blogging tools, but other stuff that I like, and am proud to share with you.
My only hope is that this resource finds you well, because these are the resources that I hold dear.
Please find my favorite resources listed below!
Cordially and humbly...
DISCLOSURE: I sometimes partner with companies to provide my readers with exclusive deals or discounts on my favorite products. If you decide to purchase products or visit third party websites using my "Affiliate Links" within any of my video or text content, then please be aware that I may receive a commission for introducing you to the service. Your support makes this content possible! I thank you cordially and humbly for your support, truly.
The Very Best Marketing And Business Software For Entrepreneurs:
- ClickFunnels (Affiliate Link) - If you want to build beautiful marketing pages, sell your products, or deliver your products, easily, then ClickFunnels rocks. ClickFunnels allows you to build beautiful marketing pages, sales pages, lead capture pages, secure password-protected membership websites, order forms, download forms, lead generation pages, webinar marketing funnels, and more. If you want to sell and deliver your products online, without any of the technical hurdles, then ClickFunnels rocks and they're also very easy to use.
- Thrive Architect - Thrive Architect is a really powerful page builder, and it's actually a WordPress Plugin, so you can install it over any WordPress theme that you want. This very page was designed using Thrive Architect, and I'm personally a huge fan! In my opinion Thrive is easily one of the coolest plugins for WordPress bloggers.
- Genesis Framework (StudioPress) - The Genesis Framework is the foundation for my favorite WordPress themes. StudioPress themes are cleanly coded, light, and secure and they look beautiful. StudioPress is always making and launching new themes, and I invested in their "lifetime" membership package so I get updates on all of their future releases. If you want to start a blog, and want it to look beautifully, then check out The Genesis Framework.
- Namecheap - Namecheap is my favorite web host and domain registrar. If you're looking for a dirt cheap web host, and don't want to sacrifice quality or level of support, then NameCheap is worth looking at. Their support rocks too, and I always email them at 1 in the morning with annoying technical questions, and they always respond really fast and helpfully! Recommended.
- AWeber (Affiliate Link) - AWeber is my favorite email marketing and automation software. If you need a reliable software to help store and manage your email marketing leads, then AWeber, in my opinion, is easily one of your best options. They boast a ton of powerful automation features, friendly support, and they're also super cheap. By the way, you can claim 45+ email copywriting templates for free plus some cool training from AWeber when you use my AWeber affiliate link above. 🙂
7 Powerful Advertising Networks That You May Not Have Heard Of:
- Udimi (Affiliate Link) - Udimi is the world's premier Solo Ad Marketplace. You can visit this website and browse among a massive list of email newsletter owners who will promote your ad to their audience. If you want to promote your lead capture page and if you're in a mainstream niche, definitely check out Udmi; I've purchased a ton of ads on this site and I love them.
- BuySellAds - BuySellAds is your top source if you want to advertise using banner ads. This is, to my knowledge, the largest banner marketplace on the planet. BuySellAds has also recently expanded into other ad formats, including email marketing ads, native ads, sponsored ads, and more! I *love* this advertising network.
- Opt-Intelligence - Opt-Intelligence is quite possibly, the coolest ad network ever for email marketers. The way it works is simple. Opt-Intelligence generates leads on different ad networks (such as Facebook Ads), and they will promote your advertisements to their new leads for a small fee. Leads can cost about $.50 to a $1.00, which equate to a totally cheap lead.
- Reddit Advertising - Reddit is another really awesome and underrated advertising network. This is arguably the largest internet forum on the planet and you can get your ad here for just a couple of bucks.
- Quora Advertising - The reason why I love Quora for advertising is because the targeting here is so focused. Your end users are on Quora, asking questions about your niche market. You can appear in front of them, and show your ad at the time when they're researching for answers! As you know, timing is everything.
- Nationwide Advertising - Nationwide Advertising is the best marketplace for finding outdoor ads, magazine ads, newspaper ads, classified ads, and other print related advertisements. The rates are totally cheap here, and they're always running awesome discounts and deals on different advertising bundles. They've also recently added cheap online ads, making this a really exciting and vibrant advertising marketplace.
- Leadserve - Leadserve is an advertising network who will promote your email list for you. They go out and generate leads, and then promote your lead capture page to the newly generated lead. The leads here are super cheap, and you can target by geographic region so there's a ton of potential with this ad network.
5 Ridiculously Powerful Affiliate Programs:
- ClickFunnels (Affiliate Link) - ClickFunnels is by far my favorite affiliate program. They offer a ton of done for you training to their affiliates too! ClickFunnels has a ton of high ticket offers, webinars you can promote, recurring products, and their services are absolutely stellar.
- Walmart - I'm a proud Walmart shopper and think that they rock. 🙂 Walmart is arguably one of the largest retailers on the planet, and you can earn affiliate commission simply by promoting their website. Think of all the amazing potential here... Walmart has a ton of products that you can link to and potentially earn commission everytime one of your referrals buy something.
- Udemy - Udemy is the world's largest e-learning marketplace, and you can earn commission simply by referring users to the website. You can feel good promoting Udemy, because they offer many thousands of amazing online courses on just about any topic you can imagine. I'm a happy instructor on Udemy, so am obviously a huge fan!
- BlueHost - BlueHost is by far, the best web hosting affiliate program that I've ever seen. They offer around $65 per lead, which is, quite frankly, the best web hosting affiliate program deal that I've ever seen. You'll be hard pressed to find many other services that offer $65 per lead. One of the reasons why BlueHost is so popular is because their affiliate program is one of the best on the planet!
- Amazon - Amazon is one of the world's top retailers, and you can promote their millions of different products. Kindle books, video games, electronics, clothing, food items, even toilet paper! There are so many possibilities with the Amazon affiliate program, and they have a ton of cool features to help you promote their products.
The Best Tech Stuff And Privacy Tools:
- uBlock Origin - uBlock Origin is the single best Ad Blocker that I've ever found after researching a great deal. It works for all of the major web browsers and is absolutely recommended. If you're frustrated because of annoying and invasive advertising, then this is the first plugin you need.
- HTTPS Everywhere - HTTPS Everywhere is another web browser plugin that forces your browser to connect via HTTPS when available. This is a powerful plugin and is recommended.
- NoScript - If you want to harden your web browser big time, then check out NoScript. This will stop a vast majority of malicious and annoying scripts from running in your browser. The only downside is that this is mostly developed solely for Firefox. (I'm not saying that Firefox is bad by the way, I love Firefox; I'm just saying that currently NoScript isn't available for other browsers). UPDATE: It seems that NoScript has recently launched a version for Google Chrome. Sweet!
- Ubuntu - If you want to deviate from the traditional Mac or Microsoft Operating Systems, then check out Ubuntu. It's my favorite Linux Distribution, and I'm actually writing this document from a Ubuntu machine. 🙂
- Linux Mint - Linux Mint is another really cool Linux Distribution. If you want to explore the world of Linux, I recommend that you test both Ubuntu and Linux Mint to see which one you like the best. (Both are 100% open source and free).
- Virus Total - This is a service that will scan any single file with a wide array of anti virus scanners. if you have a suspicious file that you want to scan, or if you want to run *any* program or app, then definitely scan it first using Virus Total before you double click and execute.
- Jotti's Malware Scan - Jotti's is another tool for scanning a single file with a wide variety of anti virus programs. I personally use this and Virus Total before I execute any program or document from an unknown source.
- ProtonMail - ProtonMail is an awesome, freemium email service! The best part is that they swear to never sell, lease, trade, or abuse your information. They're based in Switzerland and abide by very strict data privacy laws that the Swiss Government imposes.
- ProtonVPN - If you're looking for a reliable VPN service provider who won't abuse or neglect your information, then ProtonVPN is definitely worth considering and my top choice.
The Best Tools For Online Teachers And Instructors
- Blue Snowball - This is my top choice as far as low cost USB microphones go. If you've ever taken any of my courses, most of them were recorded using the Blue Snowball. It only costs about $50, and looks really cool.
- Samson GoMic - This is my backup microphone and it's a workhorse for only about $40. This microphone is also tiny, so if you conduct interviews on the go, or want to keep a low profile when recording courses, then you really can't go wrong with this.
- Active Presenter - Active Presenter is the perfect screen recording software if you want to create online tutorials, or any type of video instructonal.
- Audacity - Audacity is the best freeware for recording your voice. This is the only audio software I use, and in my opinion, it's the golden standard for audio recording and mastering.
- Microsoft Office 365 - I love Microsoft 365 for PowerPoint presentations especially. These days you can create beautiful slides using PowerPoint, and there are super awesome design features you can use so your work looks great without you having to be a tech genius.
Powerful Graphic Design Tools:
- Canva - Canva is one of the coolest and best apps on the planet for creating artwork. There are three reasons why I love Canva. First of all, it's cloud based. Second of all, it's free. And finally, there are a ton of cool templates you can use. So whether you wanna make Kindle book covers, Facebook covers, or artwork for your blog, Canva has you covered.
- PixaBay - PixaBay is my only source for beautiful stock images. These Stock Images are truly stunning, and premium grade. Did I mention that the images here are also 100% free to use, with the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license? This one resource alone can save you potentially thousands of dollars.
- iconmonstr - If you want amazing vector icons for free, then you definitely need to check out this powerful resource!
- Adobe Spark - Adobe Spark rocks if you want to create tutorials, videos, instructionals, or any other type of video. You can create amazing content here, and it's totally free to use.
- Google Fonts - I love to brainstorm with Google Fonts whenever I'm trying to find that perfect breakthrough font for my new blog post, book, article, or banner.
- Color Combinations - I must admit, that I totally suck at graphic design! That's why I'm always using this nifty resource so it can help inspire my creative palette. 🙂
- Coolors.co - This is another awesome resource for coming up with different color schemes. If you suck at graphic design or want to keep your brand organized with the perfect color combinations, you'll love this.
The Best Business And Marketing Books Of All Time:
- The Art Of War - An amazing book so you can navigate through life using proven strategies that the best commanders in the history of the world have understood and mastered. 🙂
- DotComSecrets (Affiliate Link) - One of, if not my single favorite "modern" marketing book. If you have an online business, or if you want one, then you need this book. If you want to learn more about the art and science of online sales, lead generation, and website traffic, then this book is worthy of consideration.
- Expert Secrets (Affiliate Link) - My favorite book for online teachers, authors, and experts. A very powerful read if you want to build a tribe. If you're an expert in your field, or if you want to be, then this book is worth checking out.
- Breakthrough Advertising - This is my favorite marketing book of all time. The best thing about this book is that the strategies found herein are brilliant, evergreen, and indeed, timeless.
- Scientific Advertising - Another classic advertising book designed for those who absolutely must put food on the table using the written word. This book contains a litany of advertising genius. 10 out of 10.
- The Boron Letters - One of my favorite books from an advertising legend. This book can teach you how to write, how to sell, and how to live.
- How To Write A Good Advertisement - Yet another classic advertising book from one of the best advertisers to ever live.
- Obvious Adams - If you forced me to choose just ONE business book, it just might be this one. Always remember, that the simple things in life work.
Powerful SEO, Content Marketing, And Analytical Tools:
- Google Webmaster Tools - This is the first step to getting your websites indexed in Google.
- Bing Webmaster Tools - Another powerful SEO tool from the folks over at Microsoft.
- Google Analytics - The best way to see for sure how many website visitors you are getting, and you can also figure out what your website visitors are doing on your website.
- Google Trends - The best way to figure out what was hot yesterday, what's hot today, and what will be hot tomorrow.
- Feedly - My single favorite way for following my favorite websites, Podcasts, YouTube Channels, instructors, blogs, and authorities in any niche.
- Alexa - The best way to figure out how popular any website is.
- Quora - The best way to get into the mind of your target audience. Type in any keyword, and see real questions that people are asking!
- Triberr - My favorite content marketing tool. Triberr allows you to build 3 blog tribes for free. Triberr is the single best tool for bloggers, and can also be a clever outreaching tool if you play your cards right. More than anything, Triberr is an awesome way to fill your social media channels with top quality content, and to also encourage other bloggers to share your blog posts. Tremendously powerful.
- SpyFu - One of my favorite keyword research tools. They also have tons of data on your competition.
- SemRush (Affiliate Link) - The single best SEO tool. This is the top tool for serious and advanced content marketers. This tool will allow you to brainstorm powerful content ideas, and it also provides a ton of SEO and Paid Search data. Really cool, insightful, and fun tool trusted by lots of top brands.
My Favorite Resources And Tools:
- ClickMagick - My favorite tool for tracking website visitors, split testing, creating link rotators, and promoting my own links on just about any website that I want.
- BookBub - If you're an author, do everything you can do get your books listed on this awesome service.
- GoodReads - Another awesome service for authors! If you write books, create an author account here so you can get the word out about your books!
- Grammarly - An awesome cloud-based word processor that helps your writing style big time. The first draft of this very document was created in the cloud using Grammarly. 🙂
- A Soft Murmur - An awesome website that creates relaxing sounds. Perfect if you're writing a blog post, doing your homework, or trying to catch some sleep.
- Defonic - Another awesome ambient sound generator.
- Rainyscope - Another sound generator with a focus on the awesome ambiance that only rain can provide.
My Favorite Learning Platforms:
- Udemy - The world's top learning marketplace on the planet. You can learn anything using this website, and they have thousands of free courses. Education has never been this affordable, or available, period.
- SkillShare - Another massive learning platform. Tons of online courses, high quality instructors, and an awesome support staff. Learn anything, without leaving your house.
- SkillSuccess - An up and coming learning platform with a massive array of courses taught by many brilliant instructors.
- Teachable - An awesome e-learning software that will allow you to launch your own courses.
- Highbrow - This learning platform focuses entirely on email-based courses. This is totally cool if you like to read instead of watch videos.
Powerful Marketing Tutorials, Training, Guides, And Helpful Resources:
- 3 Done For You Sales Funnels (Affiliate Link) - If you want 3 done for you sales funnels, then you'll love this resource. You'll get an Author funnel, a High Ticket funnel, and an E-Commerce funnel. This is a nifty resource if you have something to sell, but you aren't sure how to build cool looking marketing creatives.
- Sales Funnel Training Web Class (Affiliate Link) - This is a really cool training webinar on the topic of Sales Funnels. If you want to learn more about what a sales funnel is, then you'll love this weinar. The host also reveals some of the results they've had with their own sales funnels, which is neat if you're a marketing nerd and if you enjoy this type of thing lol. If you want to brainstorm about sales funnels, have some fun, and also spy on a successful marketing funnel, then you'll love this.
- The Perfect Webinar Script (Affiliate Link) - This is your chance to swipe a tremendously powerful webinar marketing script. So if you've ever wanted to learn more about webinar marketing as a method to generate leads, or to promote your business, then you might really have a lot of fun with this.
- The Funnel Hacker's Cookbook (Affiliate Link) - This nifty book contains every type of marketing and sales funnel known to man! It's a cool book for entrepreneurs. If you've ever wanted a neat and tidy reference book containing a bunch of data and even nuances on types of marketing funnels, then this can be an entertaining and insightful read.
- My Favorite Copywriting Software (Affiliate Link) - This software will write your copywriting for you. Sales letters, webinar scripts, marketing emails, all handled! So if you're an Author, Coach, Consultant, Webinar Marketer, Teacher, or anyone who loathes the art and science of copywriting (lol), then you might want to preview this innovative, and neat copywriting software.