One of the most common questions my colleagues and marketing buddies ask me about ClickFunnels is if they actually need a blog if they do indeed have ClickFunnels.
I hate to put this so bluntly, but you DO NOT need a blog if you have ClickFunnels.
That being said, I’ve always proposed that just about any business on the planet can benefit by blogging.
If you have lead capture pages, then heck, use your blog to promote your lead capture pages.
After every single blog post, plug one of your lead capture pages.
That’s what I do, and it’s an effective way to generate leads and build your email list.
So, do YOU need a blog if you have ClickFunnels? It really depends.
Because, I Propose, That Just About Any Business Can Benefit From ClickFunnels:
- ClickFunnels allows you to automate webinars.
- ClickFunnels allows you to promote and launch killer lead magnets.
- ClickFunnels allows you to build beautiful marketing pages for absolutely any situation.
- ClickFunnels allows you to create password protected member’s areas for your customers, students, buyers, and clients.
- ClickFunnels ClickFunnels allows you to build your email list.
- ClickFunnels allows you to send emails, share content, and do all kinds of ultra-ninja marketing stuff (like create your own affiliate program).
However, That Being Said, Blogging Is Something That’s Also Hugely Important And I’m A Huge Proponent Of Blogging For The Following Reasons:
- Blogging allows you to “house” all of your awesome content!
- Blogging allows you to promote your lead capture pages.
- Blogging allows you to promote your webinar registration pages.
- Blogging allows you to promote your sales letters, offers, affiliate promotions – or any other type of page.
- Blogging allows you to build authority in your niche, and rapport with your prospective end users.
- Blogging allows you to promote your entire business by hopefully attracting some positive SEO juice.
So, To Make A Long Story Short, Blogging Can Actually Go Together With ClickFunnels Like Peanut Butter And Jelly.
After blogging and email marketing since around 2010, my honest advice has always been that all entrepreneurs should be blogging, and email marketing.
If you’re an email marketer, then you may as well post that same exact content on your blog.
And, if you’re a blogger, you may as well share your blog content with your email list.
It’s all content marketing, and repurposing your content is one of the most genius tactics on the planet – especially if you’re a one (or two) person army.
Because, The Gurus And Megaladon Companies Can Afford To Hire Dozens Of Content Marketers.
But can you?
I certainly can’t.
That’s why I try to “squeeze” as much juice from every single piece of content that I ever create.
One of the best ways to do that, is by repurposing your blog content into email marketing content.
That way, you get the most “bang” from every single blog post that you ever write.
And, you won’t run into any “duplicate content” errors from the search engines, as long as you don’t archive your email marketing content, that is.
Besides, Content Marketing Is One Of The Best Ways To Promote Your Lead Magnet!
If you have a lead generation funnel, or a webinar funnel setup with ClickFunnels, then let me ask you; how are you generating leads?
Are you going to drive traffic with Pay Per Click Ads?
Pay Per Click Rocks, however, as you know it can definitely be expensive.
One of my favorite tactics in the world, is to SUPPLEMENT my paid advertising budget with free content marketing traffic.
The way I look at it, every single lead that can be generated for free helps to bolster an existing marketing budget.
In Other Words, Pay Per Click Is Expensive! Supplement Your Budget By Creating Killer Blog Content!
This is super simple.
What I do, is simply add a “PS” at the end of every single blog post and promote one of my lead magnets.
I actually have MANY lead magnets that I’m always rotating after the end of every single post.
So, at the end of every post, I literally ask myself “Which of my lead magnets would make the most sense to promote here?”.
That’s the beauty of having a blog. It’s one of the best content marketing platforms you can ever have, and you can actually use it to build massive authority with your prospects, because hopefully your content is super targeted and helpful for your ideal audience.
How To Create Blog Content That Rocks?
One huge tip that’s perfect for all bloggers, is to always be cognizant of what frustrations your end users have.
This is important, because if your end users are searching Google for the same exact questions that you’re writing about, you’ll have a higher chance of getting some free SEO traffic, which is one of the hidden gems of creating regular content that speaks directly to your audience.
So, when writing a blog post, ask yourself – is this something that your ideal prospect would LOVE to read?
If not, then keep brainstorming content ideas until you hit the nail on the head.
Does ClickFunnels Integrate With WordPress?
To be honest, ClickFunnels has a WordPress plugin so you can easily integrate with your blog.
However, the main point that I’ve been rambling about, and the biggest benefit of combining your blog with your ClickFunnels account, is so you can promote your lead magnets.
There are other ways you can promote your lead magnet on your blog, by the way.
For example, if you look closely on my blog, you’ll see that I’m promoting my lead magnets like crazy.
- I have a welcome bar, and an exit intent pop that promotes my lead magnets.
- I have links in my navigational menu that promotes my lead magnets.
- I have banners in the widget area that promote my lead magnets.
- I have 7 HUGE buttons on my homepage that promote different lead magnets.
- I have a registration widget on my sidebar that promotes my lead magnets.
- I have a registration widget AFTER every post that promotes my lead magnets.
- I have a call to action on the top right area of my blog that promotes my lead magnets.
To Make A Long Story Short, I Promote My Lead Magnets Everywhere!
If you’re going to build awesome lead magnets, lead generation funnels, webinar funnels, and entire sales funnels with ClickFunnels, why wouldn’t you want a blog?
I devote a ton of time and effort building awesome lead generation funnels.
I’d have to be totally insane not to devote even more effort, PROMOTING said funnels, right?
So, that’s my honest two cents.
After generating many thousands of leads, teaching many thousands of awesome students about the topic of lead generation, and after blogging for many years.
Heck yes, you can benefit by having ClickFunnels AND a blog.
No, it isn’t mandatory.
But, you’re creating awesome content anyway. Why not add a simple call to action for your blog?
This is just my humble two cents after putting a ton of thought into this over the years!
Thanks So Much For Checking This Out!
If you ever have any questions, or would like to brainstorm, then please never hesitate to give me a buzz.
I spend at least one hour per day brainstorming with awesome students, subscribers, and readers just like you.
So, I thank you humbly and cordially for asking your marketing and tech related questions.
Until then, please have a beautiful day, and remember that I’m around if you should require my assistance.
Have a great day!